International Training Seminar on the Role of Intercultural Voluntary Projects in The Process of Inclusion and Participation of Young Migrants and Refugees
📅 16 September 2021 (arrival) – 23 September 2021 (departure)
🏡 Vaunières, France (hosted by Solidarités Jeunesses)
🌐 Participants: 14 from Europe, 1 from Africa, 1 from America, 1 from Asia, 1 from Arab States
Please submit your application by 15 August via the online application form. The selection result will be communicated by 18 August.
(CCIVS welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfil the specific profile of the activities, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief or sexual orientation.)
The coordinator role in the IVS movement and the participation experiences in various programmes and campaigns on Human Rights on the international level has enabled CCIVS to collect feedback and respond to the needs of IVS organisations in terms of providing capacity building and training. Based on the global need to find alternatives to provide an inclusive process to integrate young migrants and refugees and the evolved strategic plans of the IVS movement to enlarge the target group, as the main partner of the project INVOLVE, CCIVS is proposing a training seminar on the role of intercultural voluntary projects in the process of inclusion and participation of young migrants and refugees under its annual campaign Raising Peace framework.
The Training Seminar aims to strengthen the capacity and resources of voluntary service organisations and NGOs that work or want to work with young migrants and refugees and use intercultural voluntary service as a social inclusion tool.
Specifically, the Training Seminar has the following objectives:
- to provide a deeper understanding and enable a rich discussion on how to manage intercultural learning and support young refugees in accessing their social rights (particularly the rights to non-discrimination);
- to understand the methods and approaches that identify the needs and support measures needed for youth work with young refugees at the national and local level;
- to explore and disseminate the Toolkit of the project #IVS4Peace (https://bit.ly/IVS4Peace-Toolkit) and the Inclusion Model of the project INVOLVE (INtegration of migrants as VOLunteers for the safeguarding of Vulnerable Environments, 2019 – 2021, www.involve.blog);
- to produce a concrete and ‘personalised’ Plan of Action on the process to enlarge the target group (especially young refugees) in the youth camps and projects of the participants’ organisations.
(please click HERE to view)
PARTNERS & PARTICIPANTS PROFILE
- We greatly encourage young people between 18 – 35 to participate in this event;
- Interest in the topics of the event: volunteering, non-formal education, social inclusion, cooperation with local communities, intercultural communication; networking.
- Youth worker or volunteer camp leader who have just started field work with young migrants and refugees, or are planning to work closely with them; motivation to be involved in the intercultural youth camps and work with young refugees;
- IVS organisations staff that are motivated to include young migrants and refugees in their youth camps and programs or reach them through the communication; able to provide support (admin and content-wise) and execute the follow-up plan;
- NGOs or institutions representatives that work with young migrants and refugees and wish to learn about the IVS approach as a social inclusion tool and look for potential partnership and policy recommendation;
- Availability to use the skills and knowledge gained in the event to support the activities of the sending organisations;
- Availability to join the full duration of the Training;
- Able to follow the Training in English and active participation with an open minded (particularly no Hate Speech).
60 EUR (more info on CCIVS contribution system HERE)
Accommodation and Food
It will be covered by the project during the full duration of the event. The participants will receive the detailed Infopack regarding the accommodation and logistics arrangement.
Travel Costs Support
Organisations are expected to cover the travel costs of their representatives. Travel costs will be reimbursed within 3 months after the end of the actions on receipt of all boarding passes, train/bus tickets, visa receipts etc. Participants must abide to the official activity dates – The funders only allow 2 days extra either side of the official project dates in the travel booking.
Please note that the process of reimbursement will be carried out directly with the applicant organisations and not with the individual participants.
Travel costs will be reimbursed at 100% up to the platform:
- Europe up to 250 EUR / person
- Asia up to 800 EUR / person
- America up to 1200 EUR / person
- Africa up to 800 EUR / person
- Arab States up to 400 EUR / person
Travel should be the most economic and ecological option, please read the CCIVS sustainability policy
PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ACCEPTION LETTER and approval of your flight times BEFORE BUYING ANY TRAVEL TICKETS.
Visa and Insurance
Visa costs will be reimbursed up to 80 Euros.
Travel insurance can be provided by CCIVS though SCI uponrequest. Please send us an email.
PLEASE SHARE THE COSTS OF VISA WITH THE SECRETARIAT ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE MORE THAN THE BUDGET ALLOWS FOR APPROVAL.
- PCR test: if you are required to have the PCR test for the travel or boarder check reason, the test costs will be eligible for reimbursement upon providing the relevant documentation (eg. the government policy, the invoices of the test, the test result etc.).
- Travel Cancellation Fee: in case the event is postponed / cancelled due to the COVID situation and you have to cancel your travel tickets, the cancellation fee can be reimbursed upon request and after we examine its eligibility. We strongly advise you to book a refundable travel ticket if it’s within your event budget.
We will constantly monitor the pandemic situation and update you with the related arrangement of the event. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
If you have any questions, please contact Ling (email@example.com).