challenges and opportunities
The online conference “Palestinian Youth: Challenges and Opportunities” will take place on 8 December 2021, from 15:00 to 16:30 CET (from 16:00 to 17:30 Palestine time).
What is the role played by NGOs and institutions in the region in providing opportunities for youth civic engagement? How do they encourage social transformation through non-violent approaches?
The event will cast a spotlight on the opportunities and strategies aiming at involving young people in shaping their future in Palestine, using non-violent and inclusive methods. The invited speakers are:
- Mr Jamal Zakout, Chairman of board of Al-ARD and Member of PNC; (key-note speaker)
- Ms Noha Bawazir, Head of Office and Representative UNESCO Ramallah;
- Ms Rewa Barghouty, Youth Specialist at UNICEF Palestine;
- Mr Mazen Jabari, director of Youth Development Department at Arab Studies Society, Jerusalem;
- Mr Adli Dana, Director-General: Palestinian Center for Media, research and Development-PCMRD, Hebron;
- Ms Nidaa Nassar, director of Baladna, Haifa;
- Dr. Mahmoud Soliman, Palestinian researcher at Coventry University and an expert on dynamics of peace and conflict in the region;
After a Round Table, the programme will propose an interactive session where participants will be able to ask questions and share their comments with the speakers.